My journey through infertility

Friday, December 30, 2011

So we are starting IVF soon

After some discussion, we decided to pass on the additional testing with the uro.  We felt that we would end up at IVF anyways so might as well get there sooner.  We have a few more tests to run and we have to wait for the money to come through but we are looking to start early to mid January.    We also decided that we will most likely only give this one shot.  It is a lot of money and the odds of success go down after one unsuccessful cycle.  We will do the one cycle and how ever many cycles it will take to use up any frosties we may get.  After that we are going to work on saving as much money as we can so that in a few years we will be in a place where adoption is feasible.

Monday, December 5, 2011

had our appt. with the new uro

He wants to run a few more tests before any final decisions are made.  He said while DH's numbers aren't terrible, they aren't exactly great either.  He did confirm a small varicocele on both sides so surgery is an option.  He gave us a 50/50 shot it would improve his numbers, though probably not too dramatically.   He is going to test DH's testosterone levels to make sure they are normal, and he is going to do a DNA fragmentation test.  He said if there is a high level of fragmentation the surgery could have a more drastic effect.   Assuming these two tests come back relatively normal, we will be proceeding full speed with IVF in the new year.