My journey through infertility

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Met with my RE today

I scheduled a sit down with my RE so we could go over where we are at and if any changes need to be made.  After some discussion, he agreed that my vaginismus may be interfering with the getting pregnant, so we are going to be doing IUI for a few cycles in hopes of helping the little swimmers get closer to their final destination.   We got in early enough that we can do IUI this cycle, so we should be able to have 3 good IUI attempts on the Clomid.

The scary news.  If the IUI doesn't work, my next steps are a bit frightening.  First thing is I would have to have a laparoscopy.  It is an outpatient operation, but I'm really not thrilled at the idea of minor surgery.  The next step would be moving onto injectibles.  The odds of multiples are huge with the injects so I am really hoping we don't end up having to go that far.  My doctor told me 1 in 4 end up with twins, which wouldn't be terrible, but 1 in 20 end up with triplets.  Uhhhh....no thanks.  I know we could handle three, but the health risks for everyone involved with triplets freaks me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment