My journey through infertility

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Intro

I finally bit the bullet and started a blog, so here it is.  I am 29 years old, and married my husband September of 2009.  We have wanted to start a family since before the wedding, but wanted to get everything in order first.  We bought an old run down house and spend a good amount of time getting it liveable.  If I'm smart I will post some pictures of the before and after.  Seven months ago we decided things were as in order as they were going to get, so we started trying for little baby T.

Well apparently getting knocked up isn't as easy as our health teachers made it seem.  I decided after a few months to start charting my temps, and started noticing some little issues, so off to the doctor I went.  My doctor referred me to and RE (reproductive endocrinologist) who diagnosed me with polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS).  It is a common hormonal disorder in women, and makes getting pregnant a bit of a chore.  I am currently on my second cycle of Clomid, and if this doesn't work I am back to the RE for a reevaluation and some additional tests.

I guess this is my way of coming out of the infertile closet.   I'm sure I'll talk about many other things in this blog, as my mind tends to wander often.  Hopefully it will soon transform into a following my pregnancy blog, but I'll try and keep it interesting either way.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment